We’re so happy that plump, healthy butts are being celebrated and yearned after. But what if you weren’t gifted a booty as voluptuous as you might want? First, and foremost, you can absolutely naturally transform your butt. Secondly, there are some facts, as well as tips and tricks, you should know before embarking on your butt transformation journey. Below, we’ve broken down six of the most important ones.
1. There are Three Ways to Transform Your Bum
Exercise, nutrition, and skin care are the best ways to give your bum an Instagram-worthy makeover. Each approach alone will help, but incorporating all three will not only boost your booty quicker but you’ll get better results as well. Even Kim Kardashian needs to work for her rounder booty.
2. You Can Fix a Flat Butt
Just like your car, you can fix a flat...butt, that is. Unlike your car, however, it’s not super obvious why some of us have or get “flats.” Unfortunately, we live in an extremely sedentary culture. According to the American Heart Association, sedentary jobs have increased 83% since 1950. Additionally, the average office worker is now sitting for a whopping 15 hours each and every day. Sitting too long is a major cause of dormant butt syndrome, a condition where your gluteal muscles atrophy over time from not being used.
Understanding and being aware of our lifestyle is key. Sleeping in the fetal position and engaging in repetitive activities can also contribute to dormant butt syndrome. The good news is, exercise can fit it. Whether you're using body weight, resistance bands, dumbbells, or strength training with a personal trainer, a stellar workout routine is the best way to sculpt your lower body.
3. You Can Walk Your Way to a Toned Butt
While exercise certainly can plump your posterior, there are certain workouts that are more effective at targeting your glutes. The gluteus muscles are made up of three different and separate muscles: the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus. These targeted exercises generally include squat, lunge, and glute bridge variations. Try bodyweight butt exercises like hip thrusts, squat challenges, deadlifts, and glute kickbacks to start, and don't forget to stretch out your glutes and hamstrings before and after your butt workouts. These workouts will challenge multiple muscle groups and contribute to your full-body wellness.
However, a lot of the glute-targeting exercises require interaction with other joints and muscles including hip flexors and knees, which could be challenging for some people especially if you’re used to sitting for 15 hours a day - ugh. Still, incorporating butt workouts that challenge
Luckily, there is a low-impact way to tone your tush - walking. Yep, you read that right, simply walking can help transform your butt. It's simple cardio that contributes to a full body workout, not just your butt. Here are the best exercises through walking, according to experts:
- Power Endurance Walk: This method is one where you sustain a rigorous pace over an extended period of time. You’ll want to shoot for a pace that allows you to cover three-and-a-half miles in 60 minutes.
- Fartlek Power Walk: Fartlek is a Swedish term that basically describes continuous interval training, like HIIT or tabata. This method calls for three minutes of your fastest power walking followed by two minutes of recovery walking at a comfortable pace. You should continue this interval pattern for at least 25 minutes.
- Hill Repeats: Working on an incline will help burn that booty! Try to work on an incline for one-and-a-half to two-and-a-half minutes. Recover by walking downhill for one minute. Repeat this interval for at least 30 minutes.
4. You are What You Eat
You’ll be happy to know you can eat your way to a robust rear. Our butts are basically made up of muscle and fat. Because of this, you’re going to want to consume foods that support these elements.
- Protein: With the gluteus maximus being the largest muscle in the body, it’s safe to say that protein is necessary for a dreamy derriere. You’ll want to chow down on eggs, legumes, turkey, and yogurt.
- Healthy Fats: Our bums are covered in a layer of fat. In order to nutritionally add to this layer, look for good (unsaturated) fats like oily fish, nuts, olive oil, and peanut butter.
- Complex Carbohydrates: If you’re going to be working out a lot, you’ll need some carbs for endurance - just make sure they’re the natural ones found in foods like brown rice, quinoa, oats, sweet potatoes, and squash.
5. Cosmetics Can Help
While the most effective transformative measures come from within (exercise and nutrition), we are happy to report that proper and attentive butt skin care can enhance your booty beauty. Toning and firming butt masks, like our Bite It mask, use clean ingredients like plant-based collagen, aloe, and chamomile to make your booty pop!
Additionally, with all the workouts you’ll be doing, you’re going to want to make sure you’re keeping your backside clean and happy. Use an exfoliating and detoxifying mask like our Slap It mask mask to slough off dead skin and clean away sweat and grime. For a soothing after-workout treatment, try our CBD Butt Balm designed to relax those powerful glute muscles.
6. Success is Earned
Everyone wants to know, “how long will it take for me to transform my butt?” The long boring answer is, it depends on you. Consistency is key when it comes to any transformation. If you keep that bawdy movin’, stick to nutritious foods, and adhere to clean skin care, you’ll have the derriere of your dreams in no time.Now get out there and transform that booty! Just be sure to let us know how it’s going by sharing your journey with our community.